Sunday 14 April 2013

Sun-Tried-Day: Sally Hansen Swatch Spam - Red to Yellow

Greetings All!

Are you sick of Sally Hansen yet? I have to warn you, I'm not! I figured the easiest way to share these beauties with you was to try a few on during the week, then show them to you today (be prepared: this will probably happen next week too!).

At the moment I'm trying to group them into colours a little bit, then once they are tried on I am organising them, by colour, on one of my display stands. Hopefully when I've finished I'll have a sort of rainbow effect display! I find that exciting - sad I know!

On to the swatches! I must say, I don't think I've found a bad polish in the bunch yet. Some do require 4 coats, but they are worth it!

Right Said Red is a gorgeous bright tomato red, perfect in 2 coats.



Don't worry, I wasn't recently dredged from a river! I tried to play with the colour a bit - my camera has a serious orange fetish, it turns all reds a bit orange! This is pretty colour accurate though. I do love a good red! Minimal staining too - usually red clings to my skin for days.


Temptation is a pink with a touch of coral. Again, 2 coats.




This is one of those colours that for anything but polish, I would hate! Weirdly I like this though! It's very summery without being too vivid.

Fired Up is a very bright medium orange. I think this might have been 3 coats.



This is a really lovely shade of orange. It's bright and juicy without being too garish. Perfect for summer. Perfect for Halloween! It's one of those polishes that somehow looks lickable (like it would taste of orange ice lollies!).

Buttercup is a pretty pale yellow, a few shades brighter than Yellow Kitty. Unfortunately I needed 4 coats here, but then it is a yellow!



It's soft and springy and it looks like butter! I think it would be lovely under some floral nail art!

I bought these polishes from Fragrance Direct, and Xtras Online. Most of these shades are also available in Boots and Superdrug (albeit for more than three times the price!)

1 comment:

  1. All of these are pretty!! I love Sally Hansen polishes!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.