Saturday 13 April 2013

RHCP: Red Hot Chilli Polishes...OPI dupes?

Greetings All!

I hope your weekend is going well! Mine has!

While swatching OPI this week I got a little bit confused. I thought I had mistakenly put a swatched polish back into the untried area. Turns out I hadn't! I just own two polishes so similar, I don't think I can even tell them apart!

The two polishes are Red Lights Ahead...Where? and Cajun Shrimp. I would describe these polishes as 'chilli red', I know other people might call them something else. They remind me of chillies, what can I say?



So this is 2 coats of Cajun Shrimp.





It isn't quite as orange in real life, but my camera has a bit of an orange fetish! This is 2 coats of Red Lights Ahead...Where?




Again, orange fetish. Here they are next to each other. Cajun Shrimp is on the left.


In some lights you can see that there is a very (very) subtle difference (Cajun Shrimp is just the tiniest bit lighter), but they are basically the same polish. That's a little cheeky - dupes are one thing, but from the same brand?

I do also have a third chilli polish (because two just wasn't enough? I don't know.), Collection 2000 Big Hair. This is 2 coats.




And all three together!

L-R: Big Hair, Cajun Shrimp, Red Lights Ahead
I prefer Big Hair out of all three. It's slightly darker. As for the other two, well if you have one, you don't need the other! It's still a good colour though - very summery and spicy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you awesome people leave comments! I read and treasure them all, and I'll always respond to a question as soon as I can.

Appropriate blog links are tolerated, but please be reasonable.